Kalmia Gardens Wedding Agreement
Kalmia Gardens of Coker University
1624 W Carolina Avenue, Hartsville, SC 29550 843.383.8145
USAGE OF HART HOUSE
- For rental of the bottom floor, kitchen, and/or grounds, call first to make sure the date is available. There is a maximum capacity: 10 seated in the dining room, 65 cocktail format, and 350+ outside.
- The Scheduling Form, damage deposit, and the user fee are due 30 days prior to the event.
- Please use the Gardens parking lot. No parking is permitted on any grass of the Gardens property.
USER FEE AND BASIC INFORMATION—ask about alumni and employee rates
Gardens & Pavilion (each) Per hour charge $175.00
Hart House Per hour charge $200.00
Deposit to hold the date $200.00 Non-refundable, applied to balance
Damage deposit/time overage $250.00 Refundable if no damages or time overage occur
RENTAL COMPANIES AND CATERERS
- The Hart House catering kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, stove-top, two ovens, and dishwasher.
- We do have a list of caterers if you need one. Care must be used if you are putting any flowers, food, drinks, or decorations on the dining room table.
- All tables, chairs, tablecloths, dishes, glassware, tents, dance floors, etc. can be rented from local companies or individuals. We recommend Ace Hardware @ 843-383-5131.
- We do not have a corkage fee. The person(s) renting the facility either personally or through their caterer will be responsible for providing a bartender for the serving of champagne, wine, or other alcoholic beverages. It shall be the sole and exclusive responsibility of the user of the facility to oversee and supervise all bartenders to assure compliance with SC laws.
- You are responsible for all setup and clean up services for your event.
- You MUST take all of your trash with you.
- All rooms will be inspected to assure no food, beverages, valuables, or debris is left on the property.
- The house and grounds should be left as clean as they were before your event—all decorations, flowers, food, trash, and things need to be removed after the event. Failure to do so will result in the loss of the damage deposit. All rental equipment should be removed after the event or further arrangements made with staff.
- No candles or open flames can be used inside Hart House and grounds unless discussed with staff. Nails, sticky clay, or uncovered wire may not be used to secure decorations inside. Make sure containers do not leak. Do not move furniture.
- Brides renting the house for their wedding may have their photos made in the house free of charge during normal business hours. Photo sessions must be scheduled.
- Bridal photography house only $50 per hour.
- ALL COKER UNIVERSITY BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS ARE NON SMOKING. Please advise your guests.
- No dancing on the porch. Dance platforms can be rented and used on the lawns for no more than 24 hours.
- Hartsville has a noise ordinance; music (live or pre-recorded) is not permitted after 10:00 pm.
- Running in the house, climbing, or jumping on the furniture is not allowed. Children should be attended by an adult at all times.
- DO NOT MOVE PIANO. Nothing should be placed on the piano lid.
- Birdseed bags or real flower petals may be used outside only. No rice, artificial flower petals, glitter, confetti, or Chinese lanterns.
- The renter will agree not to damage the site or furnishings. The user is responsible/liable for damage of property, loss, or theft of guest or user belongings. Renter is responsible for the control of their guests, public parking area, personal or rental belongings.
- Kalmia Gardens & Coker University cannot be held responsible/liable for damage to property, loss, or theft of guest or user belongings.
- The renter further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Kalmia Gardens & Coker University from any and all loss or damage that may be sustained by reason of injury to any person through the negligent or willful act of the user, or its agents or servants.
SCHEDULING FORM FOR KALMIA GARDENS OF COKER UNIVERSITY
1624 W Carolina Avenue, Hartsville, SC 29550
Date of Event: ____________________________________
Date of Request: _______________________________
- Call the Gardens’ Office (843-383-8145) to see if the date is available.
- Complete Scheduling Form and return with a non-refundable deposit of $200.00 that will be applied to a user fee. Damage deposit and balance due 30 days before the event.
(mail or email) to: Kalmia Gardens of Coker University, 1624 W Carolina Avenue, Hartsville, SC, 29550).
- The balance of the rental is due 30 days prior to the event.
Please print or type:
Name of Event ______________________________________________
Time of Event _______________________________________________
Access to Facility _____________________________________________
(You will need to contact a rental company for tables, chairs, etc.)
Name of Renter _____________________________________________________________________
City, State Zip________________________________________________________________________
Cell Number ___________________________________________
Email Alcohol Present? Yes _____ No _____
(I agree to comply with SC alcohol laws and the policies of Kalmia Gardens & Coker University.)
User Fee: (Ask about alumni and employee rates)
Per hour charge $175.00 Minimum 2-hour rental
Deposit to hold the date $200.00 Non-refundable, applied to balance
Damage deposit $250.00 Refundable if no damages occur
House/Yard left disorderly $50.00/hour Billed to the renter (trash left on-premises, excessive food on floors, etc.)
ADDITIONAL RENTAL INFORMATION—KALMIA GARDENS
Rental, Planner, Caterer, Florist, Photographer Information
Date/time will they need inside Hart House or LWH (Little White House)?
Wedding planner Yes No
Date/time will they need inside Hart House?
Date/time will they need inside Hart House or LWH?
Date/time will they need inside?
Waiver Consent for use of Coker University facilities must be signed:
By signing below, I/we do hereby agree to indemnify and hold Kalmia Gardens & Coker University harmless from any and all claims of whatsoever nature, including, but not limited to, claims for personal injury and property damage, relating in any way to the renting of the facility set forth herein. I/we will be personally responsible to Coker University for any and all damage to the facility and/or grounds whatsoever and any insurance deductible, as applicable. I/we agree to be responsible for returning the facility to its original condition prior to the lease. If it has not been properly cleaned and/or so restored, I/we agree to pay Coker University an additional sum as repayment of the expenses of restoration.
I understand that I will be returned my $250 damage /time overage deposit if the facilities and grounds are returned in their original condition with no time overage.
Name (Print): __________________________________________________________________________